11.11.2008

We talk a lot about tolerance in this day and age. There is a difference between tolerance and apathy. Sometimes people mistake the two. It is good to have convictions and to stand up for them while still respecting those individuals with opposing views. It should go both ways. In this video, it doesn't. It is extremely offensive to me that anyone would show so much hate to a symbol of Christ. Stomping on a cross in the middle of the street is not what I would call tolerance. This country was built on the idea of religious freedom, and I am terribly offended when people don't respect that.

http://gatorgop.blogspot.com/2008/11/crazy-lefties-attack-old-lady-at-no-on.html

At the end, the newscaster says that both sides are showing hate... In this specific case, I have to disagree.

1 comment:

Evan Bee said...

dude i totally know what you mean. A bishop in our ward got his car and front door spray-painted "bigot" and it's kinda ridiculous...
Hey you this is Evan!! :D just thought I'd drop by and say hola!! or i guess konnichiwa! ;]
btw my URL is www.beeinasuit.blogspot.com if u wanted to see mine or be friends or whatnot :]